Menu
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Netflix & Amazon issues with new av receiver

Hi all,  following the death of my TV recently I bought a new Philips OLED and upgraded my old Sony av receiver to a Denon AVR-X3600H. 

I set the TV up during the week but left the Denon until today as I knew it would take a while. With the V6 connected to the TV with a new high speed HDMI cable I had no problems playing anything from Netflix or Amazon, however, since introducing the Denon, neither will play anything.

For Netflix I get the message "We're having trouble playing this title at the moment. Please try again later or select a different title" and error code tvq-pm-100 (5.2.12) whilst for Amazon I get "Something went wrong. Please try again later".

Based on the Netflix code this appears to be a HDCP issue, however both the TV and the receiver meet the 2.2 requirements. I have changed any settings I can find but it's made no difference. Anybody else come across something similar or that can shed any light on the matter?

Cheers

Chris

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix & Amazon issues with new av receiver

Try factory reset the tv in case it's remembering something about the Sony avr edid

Do the apps work if you unplug the denon from the tv? 

Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I didn't connect the Sony avr to the new TV and yes if I take the amp out of the equation it all works fine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ok, appear to have solved the issue. For some reason the V6 had changed the video settings to 2160p only, changing it back to include 1080p and 2160p pass-through as well seems to have solved the issue.

Very strange, but fixed.

0 Kudos