Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Multi-Room Set Up

Please can someone tell me in simple terms how to do the following:

1.  Buy an additional Tivo or V6 box as we want to add one to an additional TV in our house.  I don't seem to be able to find how to get hold of one on the VM website.  Do I have to upgrade?  I can't find how you add 'multi-room' services.

2.  Get this fitted - or can can we fit it ourselves?  We apparently have the following cables in the new additional location: a Virgin cable running from the original box, a telephone line and a cat 6 ethernet cable.

3.  Work out the installation and running costs of having a new box and multi-room function.  This isn't clear either.

I would appreciate any help possible on this as nothing seems clear to me!

Many thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Multi-Room Set Up

@eyrecath wrote:

Please can someone tell me in simple terms how to do the following:

1.  Buy an additional Tivo or V6 box as we want to add one to an additional TV in our house.  I don't seem to be able to find how to get hold of one on the VM website.  Do I have to upgrade?  I can't find how you add 'multi-room' services.

You don’t buy Virgin equipment, you rent it. The cost is £10 a month on top of your existing subscription, plus installation & activation costs. Call 150 from your Virgin line & choose the option for “thinking of leaving”. It is more likely to get a UK call centre response.

2.  Get this fitted - or can can we fit it ourselves?  We apparently have the following cables in the new additional location: a Virgin cable running from the original box, a telephone line and a cat 6 ethernet cable.

You cannot self-install Multiroom boxes, even if you have the additional coaxial cable there already there are other checks that need to be carried out.

3.  Work out the installation and running costs of having a new box and multi-room function.  This isn't clear either.

See 1 above. Depending on your package already you may be able to get a better deal by adding the additional box.

I would appreciate any help possible on this as nothing seems clear to me!

Many thanks in advance!

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos