cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving my tv

KathrynS10
Joining in

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help. I’d like to move my tv to the opposite wall than the one it is on now. The main virgin box is currently behind the tv. We aren’t able to extend the cables (at least I don’t think we can) as we’d have to navigate a doorway and I’m not keen to have cables running around the lounge. Would virgin be able to move the main box or is there a TiVo box which would connect to the main box remotely (as that would be an ideal solution). Thanks for your help. 

2 REPLIES 2

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes VM can move the box for a £25 fee, but don’t forget the box still needs a thick coax cable to it so it may still need to be run internally. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Which TV box do you have - is it a TiVo or V6? if you're not sure, check here - it only really matters for the internet connection.

Whichever you have, it'll have a co-ax cable coming in which carries your TV signals - VM can move this, as mentioned, for £25. The box will also have an HDMI lead to your TV.

If you have a V6, the box will also have a connection to your homehub for the internet - which will either be Ethernet cable or wireless.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks