Menu
nobley
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Moving main fibre junction box.

My main Virgin junction box,for the router, is in a room at the front of my house. My study,at the rear of my house, also has a junction box for my tv 6 box. Could  a Virgin tech make the junction box at the rear of my house,the main one so I can connect my router and tv 6 to it. Just like to know if this is possible.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Moving main fibre junction box.

Hello

All you will need from VM is a splitter to split the signal at the rear and then you can place 2 devices over that connection, the main issue at this time is that an engineer may not be able to do this as it is classed as non essential. VM may be able to send you the kit to do it yourself. If an engineer does it there will more than likely be a charge as it isn't fault related.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

nobley
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks DJ

Looks like it is possible then

0 Kudos
Tudor
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

They will charge you £99 for a non-fault call out.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

But this isn't a non fault situation.  If both connections are active then equipment can be switched better then.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You don't have to move your hub. What you can do is run an Ethernet cable from the hub to the study in the rear, best terminated at an RJ45 wall plate. You can then connect whatever you need, e.g. an unmanaged network switch if you need multiple ports for the V6 and, say, a PC and a wireless access point. Another advantage is that you retain the hub's WiFi in the front of the house.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
nobley
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for all your replies.

The run to the rear of the house is longer than the one to the front so I will get a tech

visit when Virgin are visiting homes again. My neighbour though had a Virgin fibre

package installed last week.

0 Kudos