Menu
HS3005
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Moving fibre junction box

I am having some fitted wardrobes installed in my bedroom and need my junction box moving approx 12 inches to accommodate this but not sure if this can be accommodated? 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving fibre junction box

It can be done at a cost of £99 for a non-fault call out charge. However, at the moment VM are not conducting what they consider to be non-essential, internal work.

This will fall into that category I assume - until the current restrictions are removed.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
HS3005
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the update - happy to pay and wardrobes being installed at the end of June so hopefully will be able to get sorted when more restrictions are lifted 👍🏻

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@HS3005  Alternatively just get the wardrobe fitter to cut a void in the back of the wardrobe to accommodate the internal VM connection box and make appropriate access for the cables, possibly through the side of the wardrobe.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
HS3005
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The issue I have is that the box is on the wall by the window and the centre of the box will be right in the middle of where the wardrobes finish on the wall so I need it moving to the left so that it fits within the wardrobe area so the fitters can then cut out to accommodate rather than half in/out if that makes sense? 

0 Kudos