cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move box

Lauren221
Joining in

Hi, I want to change my lounge around and it would mean moving the box quite far away from its current location, I am able to do this myself as I need to keep costs down but I was wondering if there is an extension cable that you can purchase or if there’s a longer cable I can get to reach the new location. I have seen a few but if someone has a specific link to one that would be appreciated, it’s only the tv box that needs moving. 

1 REPLY 1

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Lauren221 wrote:

Hi, I want to change my lounge around and it would mean moving the box quite far away from its current location, I am able to do this myself as I need to keep costs down but I was wondering if there is an extension cable that you can purchase or if there’s a longer cable I can get to reach the new location. I have seen a few but if someone has a specific link to one that would be appreciated, it’s only the tv box that needs moving. 

AFAIK, VM's max coax cable length is 3m in a ready-made lead from VM. You need a VM tech visit for any distance over that. Cost is £25 and they will custom-make your cable and check signal levels etc. upon completion.

Cables bought online may not meet VM's spec's and may cause problems for your own connection and other VM users in your neighbourhood.