cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowering The External Broadband Cable To The Property Due To Proposed Landscaping

RogerGround
Joining in

Hi.

I am looking into having my front garden landscaped and need to get the broadband cable, that runs from the street cabinet to the brown junction box on the front of my house, lowered by 300mm where it runs across my front garden under the gravel.

There is no slack on it to enable this to be achieved.

How do I contact at Virgin to get a cost for this?  What are the contact details?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is a standard non-fault callout charge of £25 for any wiring alterations.These can be booked through the fault reporting system (150 from any Virgin Phone, 0345 454 1111 from others).

The cable could be extended in two ways:

1) Insert a gel pack joint under the garden & extend the existing cable.

2) A complete repull to the cabinet, which would have to be a two man contractor job.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is a standard non-fault callout charge of £25 for any wiring alterations.These can be booked through the fault reporting system (150 from any Virgin Phone, 0345 454 1111 from others).

The cable could be extended in two ways:

1) Insert a gel pack joint under the garden & extend the existing cable.

2) A complete repull to the cabinet, which would have to be a two man contractor job.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I find it hard to believe that a no-fault replacement of a working cable will cost a a mere £25, but a gel pack would be done for that price.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection