Menu
MrHalfAsleep
Problem sorter
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Kudos Leaderboard broken (again)

As a Kudos mongerer (https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Leaderboard-problem/m-p/627207#M923049) I noticed the following earlier this morning:

Kudos mongeringKudos mongering The numbers for some users are way out as the example below shows:

way out numbersway out numbers

Further down the list, the numbers are correct.  I was surprised to find myself 15th in the list and was expecting to be around 28th or 29th.

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
Windows Update isn't rocket science - if it were, it would work.
Unlike Monty Python, spam is never off.
Some video posts may contain swearing/inappropriate content for young children

π
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Kudos Leaderboard broken (again)

@MrHalfAsleep  

When a Forum Post gets moved to the archive any associated Kudos gets dropped from the leader board but remains against your individual total shown when viewing your profile.

So in my case the all time leader board shows 1752 rather than the actual total of 6211.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
MrHalfAsleep
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I was just puzzled that since it was the "all time" list surely all kudos ever obtained should be included.  Wouldn't that be a better (and less confusing) metric? 

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
Windows Update isn't rocket science - if it were, it would work.
Unlike Monty Python, spam is never off.
Some video posts may contain swearing/inappropriate content for young children

π
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@MrHalfAsleep wrote:

I was just puzzled that since it was the "all time" list surely all kudos ever obtained should be included.  Wouldn't that be a better (and less confusing) metric? 

I agree with that.  I'm not sure if this is a setting that VM have chosen or if it is designed that way by Khoros

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ALF28
Well-informed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Kudos system hickup's

I noticed today I was given a kudos and got "notification" but in stead of displaying the person who gave me kudos, it put my own avatar. This has happened a few times recently then the kudos is retracted, so not sure if the person unticked the kudos or the system is blocking kudos.

Is the system of kudos faulty or is it due to people ticking then later unticking the kudos. I would have though once the alarm notice indicated the kudos to me, it should remain there???

Strange happenings today, also when editing a post it started editing itself by copying parts of post without me doing it automatically or by someone else editing my post while I am also editing it, perhaps a moderator. Perhaps there are glitches it the system today?

ghosts in the machine?

alf28

0 Kudos