cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Virgin Totally Broken?

8210GUY
On our wavelength

Sorry about the heading, but there is no other description I can think of, Virgin has always been a challenge to get hold of, more so with someone who knows what they are doing, but they have now surpassed all previous records IMHO.

Long story short, if someone could reach out and help me change my appointment it would be a massive help, for those willing to read why this is happening, and want to try and get things at least looking like it should be working please read on.

I have had a problem with my phones, landline plus 2 mobiles (1 on Virgin), ever since they switched the landline through the router it's been hit and miss, it has to be a fault there somewhere, otherwise it would only be a single issue, not all 3 given each are separate entities in their own right, initially I thought it was a mobile issue, as both our mobiles have had very bad call quality at times, but setting up my car insurance it was impossible to continue, so I asked them to ring the landline, and after a few minutes I got enough detail to them to ring back, I though the problem was over, but then the landline was just as bad, after that I knew it had to be a Virgin fault.

I spent a few weeks trying to get help with the auto system, it reported back there was a fault multiple times, check back in 24 hours to see if it's cured, it wasn't, and trying to check it says token expired, so starts over again, the bit that made me laugh was the statement about "don't worry, we will automatically get in touch if there is a problem", yeah right, after a few weeks of going in circles I finally managed to get a chat window open, explained the urgency as my daughter is about to have her 3rd child, and we are her emergency support, because her 2nd child was rushed into emergency surgery at a few hours old, and then nearly 3 weeks in ICU, so they are keeping her on a very short leash tracking her for early warning signs, and as it's an 11 hour round trip for us, we need to be reachable in a hurry, and these phone connections are putting that at risk.

The guy understood and set up an appointment, with the caveat if it's not a Virgin fault we will be charged, and then went on to say tracking the repair, and any need to change the appointment is very easily done as long as it's 24 hours' notice, and just login to the account to do this, and a text message with a 'Link' to do the same, problem is it goes nowhere, the same as every single Virgin page I have tried to use, there is not 1 single working link\page that takes you to anything even close to achieving this, you end up going round in circles getting nowhere fast, or you get nothing even faster.

I can only draw 1 conclusion so far, and that's the pages\links were written decades ago (well you get the point), and either no longer exist, or have failed to be updated as Virgin moves forward, and now even chat is saying it's not available, and wants to continue on WhatsApp when someone comes free, which just makes you wonder WTH. 🤷‍♂️

I know I'm not the only one who can't get a result, but I have to wonder just how many have hit the brick walls I have, and hope this will prompt someone to examine the lack of working solutions.

virginmedia.com/engineerappt is the link sent in the text message so you can see the circles it runs around you as this is just 1 of many I have faced.

"Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit."

4 REPLIES 4

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

If you sign into your VM account you should be able see your appointments on your account dashboard.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

But that's the problem, there is no such option(s) are available to me, the 2 attachments show the result of clicking your link, then going to the main Virgin site myself, same in the App, I either get zero results as per the screenshots, or I go round in circles getting nowhere fast, but at no point is there a single option that will get me to that page, hence the thread, any other suggestions?

Thanks for the reply.

8210GUY
On our wavelength

Sorry forgot the pictures.

Login to account fail.pngForum Link Result.png

It works for me, so clear your browser cache or use another browser.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection