Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Internet

Virgin can't supply a hub that's works on there own internet service so why can't we have a standalone modem like tellewest did when it worked without massive latency . PS4 impossible to play cod since not so super hubs were forced on us

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet

£s

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can use your own router just need to enable modem mode, this will shutdown all the standard features of the hub.

Is the PS4 wired/wireless?, Can you get online with the PS4 normally

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The hub works well for most users. If you have a problem it's usually due to one of a number of reasons such as a faulty hub, loose cable connection, damaged cable or network fault.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You will probably be on a strict/moderate NAT type on COD port forward 3074 on incoming and outgoing ports on UDP on your hub 3 to your PS4 IP address restart the game and you should have an open NAT type and hophaly a better gaming experience 

My Broadband Ping - 500Mbps
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

There is no such thing as outgoing port opening, it is only for incoming frames, outgoing uses NAT.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos