Menu
strafft
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent broadband - NG2

Anyone else having really bad intermittent broadband issues? I'm in NG2. I have rebooted router several times, I know it's there as one of my laptops has an ethernet connection direct to the router, and that is also being affected. Well over a day now. Nothing showing in service status, but something is sure as hell going on? T
0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent broadband - NG2

have you reported the issue to virgin?

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
strafft
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi. I've been down the usual route - called done the tests (first time it decided to "send a signal to reboot the router" but the issue reoccurred. I have rebooted myself since. I have also used the self serve diagnostics. And the router diagnostics. Nothing doing. I am pretty sure the issue is downstream from here, but nothing showing in service status. I have neither time nor inclination to troubleshoot further within my home as I am 99% certain that is not where the issue is. 

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@strafft wrote:

I have neither time nor inclination to troubleshoot further within my home as I am 99% certain that is not where the issue is. 

so what are you going to do then?

0 Kudos
strafft
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That's why I posted here - wanted to try and see if there is anyone else with same issue? I have colleague a long way away in Reading also with VM who sounded like similar issues... possibly coincidence... I could waste hours on the phone and be back where I am, I know from bitter experience....! So I guess just wait till it gets sorted, hopefully sooner rather than later, and complain about loss of service at some point when I know how many days interrupted (started Monday evening). I pay enough for it....

Unless any other idea?

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

you need to call CS and report the issue, that's your primary method of reporting the problem and getting it fixed.

in terms of complaing about loss of service, the automatic compenstion scheme only covers complete loss of service starting 2 days after you reporting the issue, intermittant drop-outs are not covered, and certainly not covered if you don't report it (posting about it in the community forum doesnt' count as reporting it).

0 Kudos
strafft
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

OK thanks... problem is working from home means I really dont have the time... and also makes it more annoying....! 

Anyway thanks for your thoughts... if it is still happening after today I may have no option I guess

0 Kudos