Menu
Caligulacabbage
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Interested to know people who have upgraded to hub 4 M1000 Any issues?

Currently have hub 3.0 in ventilated Cupboard away from the children it’s in Modem mode using google nest WiFi speed is top tier .

Hub has never overheated and has performed well no issues. We have seven people in this house on a good day 39 devices connected no problems . 

I have read the new hub 4 from Arris has a fan some people say it’s get very hot whilst others say it’s fine. 

Interested to hear peoples views on this forum . Have you got the hub 4.0 hidden away ? Does it overheat? Is the fan noisy? Do you  have it in modem mode ? Any issues with hub disconnecting outages etc 

Bootle  Area 1

Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Interested to know people who have upgraded to hub 4 M1000 Any issues?

If it aint broke, don't try and fix it - would be my maxim 🙂

Or are you contemplating upgrading to 1GB package? What improvements do you expect that to deliver over what you you have now - that is - what issues if any - are you currently having ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Caligulacabbage
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

John I agree with what you say do I really need to pay more to have the latest tech 

Re more broadband speed 

Im thinking ahead this year though (though it’s now been probably pushed back because of the pandemic) we are due to be getting more Ultra HD content courtesy of Sky and Virgin partnership deal signed in June 2019 even though it’s all gone quiet I’m guessing they are both going to have linear channels UHD Sports and Movies and of course another means to charge more . Do I really need m1000 to view uhd in better quality when us ultimate ooooomph customers are due to get a free upgrade to m600 before February 2020 ?

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Do I really need m1000 to view uhd in better quality when us ultimate ooooomph customers are due to get a free upgrade to m600 before February 2020 ?

Nope.  Ultra HD is usually "4K" and that will use a mere 25 Mbps of bandwidth.  So if you've on 500 Mbps at the moment, you'll be OK so long as you don't stream more than 20 different 4K movies at the same time.  Equally, if you were on VM's basic 100 Mbps offer, you'd still be OK to stream two different 4K movies at the same time, and still have 50 Mbps for anything else.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

There are some who want Gig1 but only a handful who need it. Your free upgrade to M600 should be more than adequate even with a large household, and it won't need the hub 3 to be changed.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection