Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Installation frustration

Five years ago I tried to get Virgin installed but was told that some construction work was necessary that involved digging in the road and after a lengthy delay was informed the budget was not available. Now with so many of my family working from home the Virgin broadband would be invaluable so I tried again.

Cable had been fitted to the house before and the original NTL box was still on my living room wall. I told the salesman this and sent him a photograph, he was confident that this meant no construction work would be required. An Installation date was arranged but there was a pre installation visit when unfortunately I was out walking the dog. Green paint was applied to both sides of the verge outside the house, the installation was cancelled and I was again informed construction work was necessary. The engineer on the pre installation visit never looked at the wires coming out of the green trunking in my garden. I phoned Virgin again and another engineer visited (Friday 6th Nov), I pointed the wires out (they went from the green trunking to a grey box on the outside wall) and stood with him whilst he attached a meter that told him which box in the street the connected to. He came back from that box and told me everything was now ready to go and installation could proceed, he said customer services would be in touch.

Sadly they haven't been. I rang them (first call 49 minutes before being cut off mid sentence, second call 44 minutes before suffering a similar fate) however before being disconnected I was told the installation had been put on hold by construction. When I tried to tell them an engineer had resolved the issue I was met with confusion and the call centre handler seemed stumped. It may be coincidence it was at this point on both calls I was disconnected.

Is there anyone who has any ideas how I can get Virgins left hand and right hand to work together? My biggest mistake was giving Sky 28 days notice when I got the installation date. With the importance of broadband at home at the moment I am only two weeks away from having to go cap in hand back to them to sign a new contract.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Installation frustration

Hi, let me take a look at this and see if I can help. I will send you a private message for some personal detail.

thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation frustration

Hi Jon

Any update on this. My broadband clock is running down.

Thanks

Nick

0 Kudos