Menu
Beethoven646
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

House Move

I'm moving house shortly and getting very close to the 30 days notice requested by VM. However, I'm unable to contact Virgin via phone (on hold for hours) or chat or the SMS service (all my messages have been left unanswered).

I was also hoping to discuss changing my package also as I feel I'm being ripped off, considering the packages being offered to new customers. If I don't get any joy then I'll try another provider but I'm not getting the chance to discuss any of this due to the supposed 'problems' caused by COVID-19. Funny how most other companies seem to be operating as normal!

Can anyone suggest a way forward?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: House Move

package changes you need to speak to CS.
suggest best time to call is first thing 8am.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beethoven646,

The first thing you should do is check to see if VM is available at your new property  postcode-checker  because regrading will tie you into a new contract, probably 18 months. You don't want to regrade then find the property isn't covered and have to pay a £240 early termination fee.

I suggest you go down the cancellation route.  You will probably be able to get a better price/deal with them rather than through regrades, and hopefully they can also process the home move for you.

You could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of cancellation  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, Thinking of leaving us option, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Beethoven646
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, I start work at 7 am so early morning calls are not possible for me. Ironically, I did manage to get through to retentions about 10 minutes after posting here (having been waiting on hold for 40 mins or so) only to be told that I would need to speak to the Home Moving service, at which point I was put on hold again (despite not being given the chance to fully explain what I wanted to achieve) only to be cut off 20 minutes later. Utter waste of time!

Just have to keep trying, but what a way to treat your customers...

0 Kudos
Beethoven646
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, newapollo

I already know VM is available at the new place, as the old boy who had the house before had it installed. Think simply transferring to the new house then trying to negotiate a new deal after moving in might be the way to go, cos it seems Virgin are unable to process anything even vaguely complicated and I can't be without broadband for any length of time (TV maybe not so vital!)

I already tried the text message service, but no joy. Although I've only been waiting a day(!), so I suppose I'm being unreasonable...

Will keep trying to speak to someone, I think.

0 Kudos
Beethoven646
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Well, finally managed to speak to someone! Got everything done that I wanted. Thanks for all your help.

newapollo
Hero
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Phew !!!

I'm pleased you managed to talk to an agent and set the wheels in motion.

Hope you'll quickly settle in your new home. 

Take care Beeethoven646

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Beethoven646
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks! Glad to get things sorted - one less thing to stress out about!

0 Kudos