cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Automation

Laura701
Tuning in

Hi, I recently had my two new 360 TV boxes installed and the picture quality is very good. However our home is controlled via a series of touch panels and remote controls and the TV boxes are located in a media room. The Virgin 360 boxes need to be able to receive infra red control. I currently have to call my husband on the mobile in the media room to change the channel for me because Virgin Media tell me there is no way to enable control by infra red on these boxes and they can only work with the bluetooth handset supplied. Our AV engineer says unless Virgin enable the infra red function on these boxes, they will be unable to install in hundreds of thousands of homes that have smart control. Can anyone let us know if there are plans to address this because we may have to abandon Virgin and go for Sky after all? Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Previous posts have suggested that selecting Ziggo Media Next as the box type will enable IR remote devices to control a TV 360 box.

I don't have one so can't check. I do know that the TiVo V6 box was able to be set to use the remote in IR or RF mode.

Maybe another reason to avoid the TV360.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, My AV man already tried the Ziggo codes on our box because he'd seen the posts about it but he thinks Virgin have disabled the IR in software because they didn't work. Thanks for the reply. Hopefully someone out there knows how to fix this because we can't go on like this. 

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm using a Harmony remote and it controls the 360 via IR just fine, and many others use ir remotes and would be complaining if it was disabled 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Why aren't the 360 remotes, which of support RF, being used to control the boxes?

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection