Menu
Laurance
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Help with iphone storage

This is not a Virginmedia enquiry, but just hoping there's someone out there that can help me as Apple shop/help is closed until tomorrow.

By trying to transfer my iphone contacts to Outlook Express I seem to have transferred a ton of data back to the phone and now I'm out of phone storage.

When the phone is connected to iTunes it shows that the phone storage hasn't changed and still have 11.63 GB free Does anyone know how I can undo this?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help with iphone storage

iTunes ! What iPhone are you using and on what OS is it? Do you not store these in the iCloud?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Laurance
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi sorry for delay...I spent almost 3 hours on the phone to Apple yesterday. They weren't able to just go in to the phone's storage and see & delete the mass of data the flooded my phone
So I had to upload everything to the Cloud and we then reset the phone 2 days previous...Not ideal but thankfully nothing lost. I still maintained that surely all we had to do was go to storage and delete...but no that's not Apple's way. 
To be fair the Apple guy dealing with me was very patient and understood my frustration as to why my momentary bad action on my phone took almost 3 hours to make good... 
Finally I would say that if ever U have any problems with an iphone or any other Apple product I can definitely recommend calling your Apple shop as their support staff/system do stick with you and do their very best to please.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Laurance.

That is one of the major reasons I have stuck with Apple gear for over 30 years. Never had nothing but first class support from the Apple store genius or on the phone. They once replaced my daughter's iPhone F.O.C despite her not having the extended coverage and it had been her fault when a bottle of meths (no, no - it was fuel for the Glastonbury camping stove!) broke and "floooded" it.

A year or two ago a friend passed away and his distraught missus was left wit his Apple stuff but no knowledge of his iCloud password to get the data back she needed - couldn't help but directed her to the phone support. She was on the phone to them for several hours a couple of times as there is no way even Apple can "crack" it themselves - as witnessed by the recent story of them refusing (as they were being unable to) help the FBI crack the iPhone of some top grade criminal (reassuring really!).
In any case, after going around things for different ways to get in the Apple person said "oh hang on ... what was Dave's favourite ever gig?" She didn't know for sure, but knew he had once slept on Sheffield station as a teenager after watching Def Leppard - so she answered that and "hey presto" they were in - data retrieved !

Somehow I cant see Microsoft or Samsung offering similar services.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Laurance
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi John, good to hear from you, and that you and friends also had such good Apple support...Though I will still say that despite wot a lot of "Apple" people say using Apple products aren't always as intuitive/easy as Steve Jobs would have had us (me!) believe...It's more of a learning experience, and once U have learnt, U try not to forget.

Happy Days... 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

There is some truth to that. Apple are moving OS more towards iOS ith every release and that (for me is not good!). Also a lot of the changes seem to be counter intuitive these days and are change for change sake. I don't think any of these recent changes would be happening if Steve was still at the helm. It's certainly not like it was back in the day when Windoze was totally awful and OS was a breeze.

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos