Menu
Adiejam
Dialled in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Help on these routers please?

Hi all,

Any advice on the below routers please? This is going to be used on a Hub 3 on 500mb speed and want to obtain this and be ready for the 1tb when we upgrade at some point.

1. £99 = The Amazon Eero system, having fantastic reviews and seems literal hundred + Hub 3 users are using. Only thing will this support 1tb+ when we upgrade to this? Also disappointed not more ports on the back, so will have to buy a switch/hub to hard wire my TV/PS4/Sonos - which is no huge deal as only £20. Love the fact also its compact, and does not look like a spaceship from Starwars! seems easy to add too if needed. LINK
  2. £64 = A great budget Router which might do all we need it to do !! Seeing these ones at £150-350 that do all these huge things on apps etc.....which to be fair, i dont need ! Just want strong wifi around the house!! so would this do? TP-Link C7 AC1750: LINK
  3. £176.99 = Asus AC1900 MESH system (2 of them) our house isn't huge! but this could give us strong wifi around the house. One on next to the Hub3, another in loft maybe. Just more to me is more to go wrong!! LINK
  4. £189.99 = Asus RT-AC88U AC3100, seems to be rally really high up in spec and future proof I am guessing.....but loads of extras in this which I might not need? But guessing 1 of these next to Hub 3 will blitz anything ive been looking at. LINK

Thanks all

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help on these routers please?

Per your other posts do you want a router or a mesh system?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Adiejam
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help on these routers please?

Advice on both really - I understand some of these can be extended.

but looking for any advice on the ones I’ve looked at - cheers

0 Kudos