Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

HUB 3

Can somebody please help, I have Virgin and it’s shocking. Almost every evening I try and watch netflix or amazon prime or catch up and all it does is buffers. I have the ultimate package so broadband speeds off 270MBPS a download and 70MBPS upload and cannot watch anything.

the internet keeps dropping for the kids PS4 and laptops,the vIrgin box upstairs won’t connect to the downstairs box one minute and then connects for 2 minutes then drops again. 

I have called virgin on four separate occasions and after 56 minutes get cut off. I have tried messaging them but nothing. I’m actually thinking of just boxing it all up and sending it back because what I’m paying for isn’t what I’m getting .

can anybody please help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: HUB 3

Are you watching these channels via a V6 tv box (or a TiVo) or via Apps on a Smart TV connected to the Hub? Either way, how is the TV and V6 connected to the Hub - by ethernet cables or are you using wifi?  Similarly, are the kids laptops connecting on ethernet cables or wifi ?

Without wanting to pre-empt your answer - I suspect you are using wifi - if so - can you test the devices by connecting them directly to the Hub on an ethernet cable. If that solves the issue then you know that all of your issues are probably wifi related - which requires a different solution to that where the VM network connection is faulty.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: HUB 3

Hi, the fire cube is connected to the internet via Ethernet and that’s where the netflix, amazon, and Disney plus apps all are situated. We have two V6 boxes and these won’t connect to each other even though we have boosters in the house also.

we have tried connecting the laptop to the internet via Ethernet and it’s the same on there buffer 

0 Kudos