cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green screen

Catgoode
Joining in

I have had a green screen and from reading on here it means my box is dead lol. So why when talking to customer service they say it isn’t and to leave it for a bit??

1 REPLY 1

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Catgoode 

The Forums Staff don't tend to monitor the chatter forums, so please reply to my post and state if the problem is occuring on a Tivo or V6 box, then I can move your post to the correct forum. You can confirm which box you have by looking at the images on the following page

https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

The "the DVR has detected a serious problem and is trying to fix it; do not switch off for 3 hours”. message is commonly known as the green screen of death. It means that your hard drive has failed. It's not very often that the box is able to recover from this, and if by some miracle it does, then it's only a  matter of time before it fails completely.

You should try speaking to faults again, although best time to call is around 8am when lines first open and are least busy. The IVR should recognise that you've already called and place you into a queue to speak to the agents.

If you hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc then ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Or, once we've been able to move your thread to the correct forum wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a tech visit to swap out the box.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali