Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Graphic Drawing Tablet - advice/recommendations sought

Hiya,

My wife is an illustrator, and I'm looking to buying her a drawing tablet for Xmas. I've spoken with her and done some limited research.

I've been led down the path to Huion and in particular the Kamvas 20 Pro. However, I have zero experience in the field and thought I would reach out on here for anyone who may be able to offer some recommendations or guidance.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Graphic Drawing Tablet - advice/recommendations sought

Hello

A personaly use a Wacom Intuos Pro (large) mostly for work in lightroom with photos and find it great, the recommendations are going to be what software and what budget you have.

Have a look at https://www.creativebloq.com/features/best-drawing-tablet

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Would 2nd what DJ shadow has said, I have a Wacom Intuos Pro (medium) which was bought as a retirement present (I am an aircraft engineer) and use it to sketch designs and ideas, etc to make things in my workshop. The small one is ideal for my use, but they come in other sizes.

Probably depends on your budget, the space you have to use it, and just how fine you want the detail on the item to be (resolution).

I have also had endless fun just 'doodling' with it, and trying things I never thought of before, just to see if they work!! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@HughJarsse wrote:

Would 2nd what DJ shadow has said, I have a Wacom Intuos Pro (medium) which was bought as a retirement present (I am an aircraft engineer) and use it to sketch designs and ideas, etc to make things in my workshop. The small one is ideal for my use, but they come in other sizes.

Probably depends on your budget, the space you have to use it, and just how fine you want the detail on the item to be (resolution).

I have also had endless fun just 'doodling' with it, and trying things I never thought of before, just to see if they work!! 

Thank you for your advice here. She creates her illustrations with a variety of media and then they are scanned in at a high DPI for touching up/editing. However, the laptop and programmes she's currently using just aren't up to scratch. I will have a look at the Wacom models and discuss this with my wife.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

personally i would just be asking her what one she wants and get that.
she'll know what is the best one for her.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos