Menu
marfie
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Get browser to remember Hub 3 password

Is it possible to get Chrome to remember the Hub 3 password? Since you already have to be on the network to connect to it I am not too worried about security but it insists on password rules and then doesn't seem to be picked up by Chrome when I use it.

Another gripe is with IP Reservation and port forwarding. They are used infrequently but can't be given names to help. If I was using them everyday I would know which IPCAM is which or that port 7777 was for Acme Gaming which I no longer use.

And why does it take so long to load the IP Reservation page?

They are only little things so I won't loose any sleep over them, but they seem like opportunities missed. 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Get browser to remember Hub 3 password

Hello

Chrome will only save a password from a website if it includes a username as the hub doesnt have one then chrome will not offer to save it, I have also myself tried on firefox, edge, internet explorer and opera and all these browser have the same issue, there maybe a 3rd party password manager that will work.

The hub is a basic device and for what I understand no plans to add a description to the forwarding / reservation list, I myself only use my hub as a modem as it is too limited for what I need.

There is an open report from what I understand with the developers of the interface of the hub, due to the time it takes to go through the IP reservation page, from what I have read it is take in excess of 15 minutes to load / timing out.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Mine does  - albeit using a different browser 🙂

Using a SH2 on a Mac (of course!) in Firefox - I just go to http://192.168.100.1/ and the password is prefilled - if I click on Sign In - i'm in...

Screenshot 2019-12-12 at 14.41.07.png

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
marfie
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes John. Mine was like that when I had a Super Hub 2. I now have a Hub 3.

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just tested with the free version of the LastPass password manager and I can get it (via their Chrome extension) to fill it in.  However you do have to put the password in the "username" field in LastPass to get it to work.  The lack of a username on the hub login page seems to confuse it.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

cje85
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I think part of the problem is the password box isn't classed as a password field in the coding that makes up the login page, as far the browser knows it is just a standard text box. 

Corollary
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It would be useful if Virgin took the time to read this forums and address these issues. It's really annoying. Do virgin just expect the community to support their product?! This isn't open source...

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

well considering the hub isn't even masking out the password as you type it into the box, then are we surprised?

the field isn't even tagged as being as password form field.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@SCA1972 wrote:

The lack of a username on the hub login page seems to confuse it.

no it's the lack of a password field that is the issue, as the field isn't tagged as being a password form field, but standard text - that's why the password isn't masked when you type it.

if it was tagged properly lastpass would have no problems using it.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos