cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freeview Loss of Signal

Prso9
Dialled in

So I have just recently bought a nice new bed with a built-in TV.  I am using an antenna to get freeview.  Whenever I turn on my PS4, the freeview signal disappears and if I am trying to record a freeview programme onto a USB, it doesn't work as the signal has been lost due to the input being changed to HDMI.  Is this normal,  or is there something I can do to stop the signal dropping whilst having my PS4 on?

12 REPLIES 12

Prso9
Dialled in

So I have just recently bought a nice new bed with a built-in TV.  I am using an antenna to get freeview.  Whenever I turn on my PS4, the freeview signal disappears and if I am trying to record a freeview programme onto a USB, it doesn't work as the signal has been lost due to the PS4 being on.  Is this normal,  or is there something I can do to stop the signal dropping whilst having my PS4 on?

I'd check on the forums for either the TV bed or the PS4..

I don't believe WiFi should interfere with the TV aerial

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Thanks,  I'll do that. It's the HDMI that cuts off the signal, not the wifi.  

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So you have the PS4 connected to the TV via HDMI.  So when the PS4 is on, the source is changed to the PS4 HDMI input?  Is this what you are saying?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

LittleMick73
Superstar
You have already posted this on another section multiple posting is not within the forum guidelines and confusions the issues

Hi, yeah it was suggested in the other post that I ask the question in another category,  so that's what I have done.  It's not something that I've ever done before so wasn't aware that I was breaking rules.

Hi Adduxi, yes PS4 is connected via HDMI and when I change the source from freeview (atenna) to HDMI I loose the freeview signal, so if I am recording anything on freeview it doesn't work

I think you would need a ' playtv box' for the PlayStation. You load the software into the PlayStation then connect the TV aerial to the playtv box

then connect to the PlayStation and TV.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1052054/Now-watch-TV-Playstation-The-Sony-like-Freev... 

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=ebay+dbt+tuner+for+playstation 

Am I correct in assuming this is a limitation of the TV then?

I'm guessing the PS4 is irrelevant and the freeview tuner in the TV becomes disabled as soon as you switch inputs, regardless of device?

You might be better off getting an external set-top-box for your recording needs.