Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For a MOD - Cable crossing my property without permission

Joining in


My neighbour, in the other half of two semi detached houses, has Virgin Media.  During installation a number of years ago the entry point from the road through the front garden wall was incorrectly sited on my side of the mid property division and enters into my garden. The cable run on my property is short but nevertheless is on my property without my authority or permission.   I wish to undertake garden works and wish to have this entry point moved so there is no cable run in my garden.  How do I achieve this Virgin Media?  Relations with my neighbour are such that I do not wish to engage with him directly.



Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I fear that you should have objected at the time of installation that this situation was not acceptable, so that the necessary action could be taken. If a certain amount of time has passed since the cable was installed then wayleave permission is assumed as granted by you & it becomes more difficult legally to move it.

VM BB TV Landline. Vonage 2nd line. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your reply.  I was not aware at the time of the installation that the entry point was on my property.  The difference is marginal but now I am aware as it affects future plans.