Menu
anoniire
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

External cable removal

I am not a Virgin media customer but cables from a previous customer are in and outside my house. The cable outside is unsightly and near the surface. I nearly cut it when digging in the border. Nothing will grow near it and it is damaging plants. We are remodelling our house and I am afraid someone will accidentally cut it if we are not around. Can you please arrange removal of the cables? 
Best wishes

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: External cable removal

Hi anoniire,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I've popped you over a private message so I can get a few details from you (purple envelope, top right hand corner) then I can arrange for someone to come and tidy up the cabling.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@anoniire wrote:

I am not a Virgin media customer but cables from a previous customer are in and outside my house. The cable outside is unsightly and near the surface. I nearly cut it when digging in the border. Nothing will grow near it and it is damaging plants. We are remodelling our house and I am afraid someone will accidentally cut it if we are not around. Can you please arrange removal of the cables? 
Best wishes

staff here will do their best but other threads would tell you not to hold your breath for a quick resolution - it will likely go to the area manager who may or may not be in touch - so push and push

there are posts on here from VM that say you can remove it yourself - other posts say you cannot - you decide - its your land - theres comment that its a utility and they have right of way - afaik thats not true - again for you to check and decide

Tony
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@anoniire wrote:

Best wishes

Be warned that Virgin will only “tidy up” the installation as it is a safety hazard. The drop line from the cabinet is classed as a utility feed in the same way as Electricity or Gas mains, so there is no obligation on Virgin to remove the external box or cable. The internal cables can be disconnected from the external box & removed, but bear in mind that your property is then no longer “Virgin ready” & will require a manned install to restore services. Some people see this as a selling point when moving in.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
anoniire
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

They removed all of the cable that I wanted removed, quickly with no fuss. 

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi anoniire,

That's amazing news - thanks so much for letting us now. I'm happy that you're happy.

Enjoy the rest of your day and take care 🙂

Beth

0 Kudos