cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended power cable for hub 3

Cal_stu
Joining in

I had to get my hub moved away from my TV, console etc due to interference. 

The issue I have  now is the power cable for the hub is too short.

Does anyone know where I can buy a cable that is 2 or 3m long?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You will not be able to extend the LV lead coming from the power brick, but you can get Fig8 240v volt input leads up to 5 metres in length.

Example 

PS. If you do use one of these I would advise to swap the 5A fuse with the 3A one in VMs existing lead.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What’s wrong with a standard mains cable extension, easy to make yourself or purchase from somewhere like Amazon. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

There's nothing wrong with that really.  However,  can I hide the hub power cable being the skirting board much easier than a standard power lead. 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You should be able too, I don’t have this problem as my hub is under the stairs.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You will not be able to extend the LV lead coming from the power brick, but you can get Fig8 240v volt input leads up to 5 metres in length.

Example 

PS. If you do use one of these I would advise to swap the 5A fuse with the 3A one in VMs existing lead.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Tudor wrote:

<snip>  as my hub is under the stairs.

Ditto, but Harry keeps falling over it ......