Menu
Alfie42
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Essential Works Text Message

Hello

I've received a text from 07418 343010 starting with "Hi. it's Virgin Media..." and going on to say that essential works are being carried out in my area on Wednesday 16th September between 9am and 5 pm.

Question - is this a legit text from Virgin Media?

If any Virgin Media staff are reading this - my area reference is 24 - if these essential works are going ahead, how will my services be affected?  Why isn't there more detail in the text?

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Essential Works Text Message

yes it will be legit.
your services may or may not be affected, depending on what they require to do - make the assumption that they will be affected.

there is no point giving more detail really, they can't guarantee anything. the message is to simply let you know there may be some disruption during that period and to not report any faults during that period.

virgin are under no obligation to give any advance notice.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

Tudor
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Essential Works Text Message

Would assume it’s legit, because they do not require any personal details from you and no bad websites/email address/phone number to call.

By the way area references do not show your location, they re just for billing and two areas hundreds of miles away can have the same area reference. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2