Menu
markvarley
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Engineer not turned up for faulty broadband

Ive had issues for a few weeks now with my broadband dropping out on and off each and every day.

I did the online fault checks and was advised and linked to arrange an engineer visit.

At a loss to me I have had a full morning off work to wait for the engineer whos time slot was between 8 and 12 in the morning. Sadly it was a no show from the engineer.

I am very disapointed and tried calling virgin media but never getting through to a human. I can no longer waste my time and money and wish to cancel my service but even that is difficult as I can not get through to anyone.

if I arrange for another company to install broadband for me and just stop paying my bill would this be acceptable?

Any help please.

0 Kudos
markvarley
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer not turned up for faulty broadband

To add I also restarted the router and reset it so many times I lost count.
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi markvarley,

Sorry to see that the engineer failed to turn up in the alloted time slot. Did you check in MyVirginMedia to see if there was any update to the appointment under Order Tracking?

It's possible that a member for Forum Staff will be able rebook an appointment if you give them the opportunity.

However if you still wish to take the cancellation route then you can contact them by the following methods:-

You could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of cancellation to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Or you can  call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

or write to them to as per the terms and conditions. If writing send it by registered post.

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end

If you are still in contract there may be some early cancellation fees

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early...

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi markvarley, thanks for your post.

Sorry for any confusion around the tech-visit. I was able to locate your account and can't see one was ever arranged to be honest - did you receive confirmation that the visit was set to go ahead?

Checking the services I'm not able to identify any obvious issues. Is this impacting wired connections as well as WiFi?

If so, please upload your Hub/network connection details so we can check to see if there is a problem there. If you're unsure how:

In your browser’s URL box type in  http://192.168.0.1  (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. Click on the “router status” icon at top right (SuperHub2) or the text at bottom-middle of first page up (Hub3) and then copy/paste 3 full sets of data onto here – from the downstream, upstream, &  network logs pages. Please don’t include personal data or MAC addresses -  if you copy/paste the data the forum software should blank them out for you. 

You can also set up a free “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts.  It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections: https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

Tom

0 Kudos
markvarley
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the replies. I've tried again to get an engineer booked but unable to reach a human. Not able to book an engineer as it does not give me the option. Its all well Monitoring my connection but it helps no one if you can't get any help even when it shows faults. 

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

what faults have you got - be more specific and you may get help here - as asked above

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labelled - upstream - downstream

if its an earlier hub button is top right

is the problem wifi dropouts or wired problems

Tony
0 Kudos