Menu
Boggoff
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Does VM have a major issue in the DY area?

Hi, 

This has been going on for about 6-8 weeks now you get a sudden loss of service both TV and internet VM say we know there is an issue and engineers are doing the usual. The outages have varied from 10 minutes to 18 hours and it's sometimes everyday. Today it was out for 3-4 hours this morning and it's gone down again this afternoon. For another couple of hours.  It's becoming an annoyance now as it's not my hardware or anything in my setup but getting no further explanation as to what is causing it and if it's going to be fixed eventually. It's made worse by the fact I am doing some work from home atm and several times I have had to use mobile data to try to get stuff done. VM have always been reliable in this area in the past and I have been a broadband customer since the very beginning its just that as they are not saying what the issue is and if anything it's getting worse it's becoming annoying.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Does VM have a major issue in the DY area?

Hi Boggoff,

Have you looked  at Check service status at the top of the page for any indicators of VM problems?

You could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Boggoff
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

As I said at the start of my post VM say they are aware of an issue but give no details as to what the issue is. It went down again last night and was still down until at least midnight when I went to bed. This means I had internet and some TV for only 4-6 hours yesterday. If I provided a service that was only working 15-20% of the time my customers would want a good explanation why and a time frame to stop it reoccurring. Oh and of course because it's not one continual issue VM don't have to pay any compensation for loss of service. I am sorry this has turned into a bit if a rant but generic posted answers in forums like these of did you check the status pages have their places right alongside the generic did you actually read all the of the original post ones 

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey there Boggoff,

Sorry to hear about your connection issues and the loss of connection. I've had a look at the details and I'm unable to check the TV Box as it's currently showing as offline but I've checked your broadband network details and can see that everything is well within range and there are no errors. I've gone further to see if there is anything on the network side and can see some slight utilisation issues. Although they are minor, it's still there and it may explain what's happening. As it's not high utilisation at the moment, our Network Team may be monitoring it.

In the meantime, can you create a Broadband Quality Monitor  and let it run so we can get some for details about how it drops?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos