Menu
chaos241
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Disgusting Service

I decided to try and enable the firewall on my SuperHub 3.  I know the hub is incredibly buggy and it can't do anything properly.

The moment I enabled it my entire internet dropped out.  I normally use ethernet and could not even connect wirelessly.

I tried phoning 150 and all the answer phone messages kept telling me to visit VirginMedia.com to resolve the issue. Which is ironic.

There are no operators due to the pandemic which means I was completely stranded with no way to resolve the issue at the time.

Because there are no operators you can't even cancel your broadband and leave Virgin Media. 

Virgin Media has to be one of the worst broadband providers on the entire planet.  I've lived in America, Canada and Germany and the services there shine compared to what I encountered this morning. 

I managed to resolve the issue by resetting the SuperHub back to the factory settings.  I learned a valuable lesson and that is never ever to tinker or adjust settings in the SuperHub 3.  The hardware is poor and it reminded me just how horrible VirginMedia are to their customers. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disgusting Service

Use the hub in modem mode then 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disgusting Service

@chaos241 wrote:

I decided to try and enable the firewall on my SuperHub 3.  I know the hub is incredibly buggy and it can't do anything properly.

The moment I enabled it my entire internet dropped out.  I normally use ethernet and could not even connect wirelessly.

I tried phoning 150 and all the answer phone messages kept telling me to visit VirginMedia.com to resolve the issue. Which is ironic.

There are no operators due to the pandemic which means I was completely stranded with no way to resolve the issue at the time.

Because there are no operators you can't even cancel your broadband and leave Virgin Media. 

Virgin Media has to be one of the worst broadband providers on the entire planet.  I've lived in America, Canada and Germany and the services there shine compared to what I encountered this morning. 

I managed to resolve the issue by resetting the SuperHub back to the factory settings.  I learned a valuable lesson and that is never ever to tinker or adjust settings in the SuperHub 3.  The hardware is poor and it reminded me just how horrible VirginMedia are to their customers. 

• It's not a SuperHub, just a HUB.
  • There is no reason enabling a firewall, which is enabled by default, should disable your entire internet.
  • There ARE operators available, they are just dealing with other queries. Try at 8am.
  • There are options, stated within your contract that you must have 'missed', where you can cancel by post.
  • The hardware is rented kit so you can't really expect much from it, although it should provide a stable internet connection.
  • All companies get bad rep, not just VM. Just look on Facebook and Twitter every time BT, Three, Giffgaff, etc. make a post and the 'Disgusted' replies from consumers.

Sounds like you need a replacement HUB, or just put it in modem mode, as suggested above, and buy your own kit.

0 Kudos