Menu
silvasonic
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Data Cap

To return to this thorny issue , I have just checked my account and see that I have M100 rating with no mention of a cap. Previously it was M20 with 32 gb cap . Can someone categorically confirm cap has been lifted please ?   Silvasonic.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Data Cap

Hello

Yes on the 100meg service there is no cap.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

no current packages have a download cap. so if you upgraded to a current package you won't have a cap
0 Kudos
silvasonic
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou for your prompt reply. I did not personally upgrade my service , I just received a notification from Virgin that they were lifting the cap. However , weeks later they were still sending e-mails advising I had exceeded my limit and charging me for it. This actually did not happen although my account still quoted a cap was in place. I found this all very confusing hence my query to this site to get a definitive answer. Silvasonic.
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @silvasonic

I am so sorry about any confusion here and that you were still getting the emails even after your broadband had been changed.

We did have a few customers where even though the change had happened, the emails were still going. We have since been able to stop this so moving forward you should no longer get the capped email. 

We started removing all capped broadband and charges from March 23rd and it is still ongoing. 

Please let us know if you get any more - I have checked your account and all should now be ok moving forward. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
silvasonic
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank You Katie for your clarification. I can now commence a little streaming without worries. Silvasonic.
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You are more than welcome @silvasonic

Pop back anytime and we'll be more than happy to help you out. 

Stay safe 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos