Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Damaged Virgin Cable

Hi - our virgin cable has been damaged whilst having our driveway resurfaced. I have booked an engineer visit from the website. Will an engineer be able to fix that during a visit? How much will it cost?

Also there was no conduit or sleeve around the cable to protect it and it was only about 1" below the surface - I am surprised it didn't get damaged sooner! I would say it was not well installed and should not be chargeable.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Damaged Virgin Cable

Hi there @microkid 

Thanks for your post. Sorry to hear that you've cut through the cable. I've been able to locate your account and I can see that there is a visit booked in, however if you wanted me to message you and change this date, I can see we have some visits sooner if you'd want to take one. 

The team will do their best to fix on the day, however they may possibly have to make a temporary fix, and will then schedule further work if needed. 

Let me know if you'd like me to change the visit date. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hollie, I would prefer a sooner visit - but the four hour window is not very good for me. Could the engineer call me when he is 15 mins away and I will meet him there? In which case I would prefer to change.

How much will this work cost? As it appear that the cable was not very well installed to start with it would seem unfair to charge me for basically just tapping it with a spade!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @microkid 

I'll private message you so that I can get this changed for you - I will also be able to add a note to the tech to call, however I can't promise that they will be able to call. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

there should be no cost.
the £99 fee is only for "non-fault" jobs, and a cut cable is technically a fault.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Apologies, forgot to mention that this would not be charged as it should have been buried deep enough at the time of install. The team will fix this for you free of charge. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That's all changed for you now, and I've added your number to the notes to ask that the tech calls you before hand. 

Please pop back and let us know how the visit goes 🙂 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

0 Kudos