Menu
Hobbo5
Settling in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Damaged TV antenna

I had broadband installed over 12 months ago and the day after i had it installed i had to ring and complain as the engineer had cut my main TV coax cable outside at the box.

Virgin media have done nothing to put this right despite many phone calls and eventually told me it was rectified as it was the "wrong type of complaint"

A new "correct type" was raised just before Christmas and i was reassured there would be an engineer sent out to put the damage right and that i would be getting a phone call within the next 14 days to arrange an appointment for the engineer to visit.

It is now the 25th January and STILL no engineer and i have just called to complain again and been put on hold for 35 minutes so hung up as this "putting on hold and forgetting about you" seems to be a common thing as it has happened to me on more than one occasion.

I am considering taking legal action as i rent the property and i will be the one to foot the repair bill if i move out!!!

I am considering criminal action as it is damage to the property. 

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Damaged TV antenna

why did they cut the cable?
Any pictures?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Hobbo5
Settling in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No idea why he cut the TV cable??

It was plugged into my TV and working perfectly however he did tell me he had cut the old SKY cable as i didn't need it anymore.

After he left and i turned everything back on i couldn't get a tv picture on Freeview so took the aerial out of the back of the tv to check the connector which was fine so i followed the cable along and that's when i discovered it had been cut when i pulled the cable through from outside.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I would be getting an aerial contractor in & then sending Virgin the bill.

No doubt the Freeview coax connects to a rooftop aerial, which Virgin techs are not insured to work on. Jointing existing cables, especially outside is not a good idea. Also an aerial contractor will usually guarantee their work for a set period.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos