cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS Propagation / Cache Issue

ballyg
Tuning in

I have got an off kind of issue. I have just changed my host account to changed the name servers. I did this for 2 domains. First Domain propagated immediately. The second one has not yet propagated.

In an odd short of way that I was not expecting.

So, I have this site that I can access using my Mobile even with Mobile data off. (infact, my site is only open to my IP Address that is assigned by Virgin through a firewall). Also using Ping utility it is pinging the right IP address. However, it pings to old IP address when I try accessing it through desktop.

Any idea, what's going on here. The site is lprops.com

Thanks in advance for any help

8 REPLIES 8

Client62
Hero

I used nslookup with the VM DNS and with Google public DNS both returned 35,214,77,43 for lprops.com

I got to a website ( 2nd image )

Client62_0-1678816966414.png

Client62_1-1678817089264.png

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It can take up to 72 hours to propagate to all DNS servers, VM one seem to take a long time.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

ballyg_0-1678833297873.png

Unsure why, but how do I resolve this? Is the issue with Laptop / Desktop? though it is happening in multiple laptops but not on Mobile.

Also

ballyg_0-1678834421626.png

I have updated Network DNS to Google Public DNS 8.8.8.8 but that still does not let me reach the side.

I understand that, the problem is Mobile is working fine. (which also uses VM cache?)

I understand that, the problem is Mobile is working fine. (which also uses VM cache?)

Are there any VM guys on the site, it happens so often with VM but not with any other service provider. So its bit frustrating.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM Forum Team staff do not generally reply to posts in the Chatter and natter sections of the community.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Good morning,

The VM Business DNS have both refreshed and now return the xx.xxx.77.43 IP

Client62_0-1678867831656.png