Menu
MarkyMark5
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Connect app not connecting to hub3

Totally run out of ideas on how to get my connect app to connect to my hub3!

I’ve deleted the app several times and tried setting it up as an existing hub and new hub and both give the same error, also restarted the hub several times and completed a factory reset and still get the same message’Sorry we can’t find your hub right now’ 

some help would be good before I take a hammer to it!!

MarkyMark5_0-1622979077073.png

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Connect app not connecting to hub3

I have never used the App so cant help directly - but what are you trying to do with it - it may be there are other (better?) ways to do it?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

That error message would suggest that your mobile device is connected to a network other than the WiFi SSID being broadcast by your Hub.

You must be on the same network for the app to see the Hub.

However, you do not need the app to be linked to the Hub in order to set up the ability to use VM WiFi hotspots when away from home, which is the main purpose of the Connect App.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
MarkyMark5
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi John, I only really use the app to see what devices are connected, in the past I’ve hade rouge devices connected that I don’t know so able to delete them. 
For some reason my iPad can connect via the app but not the iPhone, using the iPad is good enough. 

0 Kudos
MarkyMark5
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham, both my iPhone and iPad are connected to the same WiFi, as I just found out only the iPad works, for what I use the app for (to see what’s connected to my WiFi) I’m happy, thanks for you help. 

0 Kudos