cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel volume issue

ManchesterfordP
Tuning in

I've noticed over the last few weeks a real disparity in volume between channels. With some I'm watching on 14 and others 42. The adverts as always louder than the programmes but difference between  channels is bizarre and really annoying. 

I thought perhaps it was my TV but just discovered the same issue on my Dad's TV.

Anyway we can sort this?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The channel numbers you've quoted, look like Freeview ones, so I'm taking this as a general question rather than a VM-TV one.

The issue you hear is one controlled by the broadcasters themselves, and is not uncommon. The volume levels can vary between channels, and it's not uncommon for the sound on adverts to be increased.

You'll need to complain to the channel providers themselves, although be prepared for your complaint to fall on uninterested ears.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@japitts @ManchesterfordP  I read it that the numbers quoted are the relative volume levels required rather than the channel numbers affected.

I do notice different volume levels between channels but can't seem to find a particular pattern, other than the adverts generally being louder (usually fast forward through them).

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

On a re-read I think you're right Graham...

You're right about fast-forwarding through adverts though. The only stuff I ever watch live these days are sporting events.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more