Menu
scorcher
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Can't Watch Disney+ Error Code 1026 - AUTH_SERVICE_INIT_FAILURE

I've been happily watching The Mandalorian up until last week, but now I get "Error Code 1026 - AUTH_SERVICE_INIT_FAILURE" when I try to watch on any of my devices.

Spent an hour on live chat with Disney+ yesterday, and another 25 mins so far today, and they can't see a problem from their side.

I disconnected the router for 20 mins last night, I've uninstalled then reinstalled the app on my Samsung TV, but no luck. Same goes for the Disney+ app on my Sky Q box, and I just get a black screen when I try on my iMac. Works fine on my phone on mobile data, but not over Virgin Wi-Fi.

Any ideas? I really want to get this fixed before Christmas!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't Watch Disney+ Error Code 1026 - AUTH_SERVICE_INIT_FAILURE

Unfortunately this is an issue which both Virgin and Sky users experience, some get it and some don't. I'd advise you probably try a VPN and see if it still works or not, or try another device.

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
scorcher
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've tried a smart TV, iMac, and Sky Q box - all the same error.

0 Kudos
scorcher
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Disney+ final answer...

"it would be essential to contact virgin media since everything we tried didn't work and I could also see some other things that you tried yesterday and didn't work. Since we have the same issue on all of your devices and since you could log in with mobile data I'm afraid it is a technical issue related to your internet connection. I'm sorry I could help more but everything points out to network in our case"

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Looking at the Sky Forums, some users have managed to get it going again by opening into the app on their phones or TV's,   then going to account and logging off all devices, before trying again,

Others have also noticed the following

"On the phone app in the account section was a message saying the account needed verification.   Selecting this, Disney sent an OTP to my email, put that in the app and now TV and Sky work. The account verification was not showing on sky, Tv, or app landing page."

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

scorcher
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Did that on the phone app, got the email, entered the code and.....

...same problem - aughghgghgghgh.

Thanks though 😉
0 Kudos
scorcher
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

This morning I tried resetting the router to factory settings, and then run a test via the Virgin app on my phone, but still no joy. Just wish I could speak to someone about it! I've left a message via the app too. Sigh...

0 Kudos
scorcher
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Crikey. Three hours of online app chat with a very nice support tech called Thanuja, and it still isn't fixed. She showed me how to run a traceroute on my iMac, and I was getting timeouts after step 15. (I don't know what that means!) She's raising an order with the second line technical team who will email or text me back in the next 48 hours. Fingers crossed!
0 Kudos
jrmgolem
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have left a tweet for Virgin who say that they are unaware of the issue, seems to me there is a serious problem with Virgin Media somewhere!

0 Kudos
Junior_Shabadoo
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

for the record, Disney+ works fine for me.
0 Kudos