Menu
Sonofahod
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Can i get V6 box to work with sonos beam dolby digital 5.1?

Hi all, 

I have a samsung TV (UE32H5500) with Sonos beam and 2 play:1's setup as 5.1 surround. Bean is connected to TV via HDMI ARC. Dolby digital 5.1 works great on the TV. If I attach the V6 box via HDMI I loose the Dolby Digital 5.1. Does anyone know how to set it up so it works? Do I need more kit? Any advice would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can i get V6 box to work with sonos beam dolby digital 5.1?

I don't think that your TV supports DD 5.1 and even if it did it may well convert HDMI DD 5.1 to PCM stereo. You need to find a suitable TV which will pass through DD 5.1 from an HDMI source (sorry, can't help you with this but this webpage may be useful).

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Sonofahod
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can i get V6 box to work with sonos beam dolby digital 5.1?

Thanks for the reply Roger. My TV can do DD 5. 1. I can get 5.1 through Sonos if I go directly through TV (HDMI ARC to Sonos beam) . Both Netflix (via TV) and regular channels support DD 2 and 5.1 depending on what contect is showing. My issue is that anything through V6, including Netflix reverts back to stereo. This also happens with Fire TV via Firestick in HDMI port 3. Is there no way to get DD to pass through V6 box? Would it make any difference if I used an optical cable? (threw out the one that came with the beam as didnt need it when i brought the beam. Dont want to buy one if it wont work) 

0 Kudos