Menu
Dawsstuart
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Can another address house share the same broadband?

Hi. Ever since our neighbour had virgin installed our broadband has been appalling. Cuts out for minutes or hours every day. Had 3 virgin engineers visit in the same week and probably half a dozen in the last couple of years. They’ve replaced everything they can (bit like Triggers broom) and I’ve given up asking them to fix it and my complaint falls on deaf ears and my life it too short to be hanging on the telephone for another two hours, only to be cut off again. 
I clutching at straws but wondering if it’s something to do with the neighbours installation (who by the way appears to have no problems at all). 
Any thoughts or advice welcomed. 

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can another address house share the same broadband?

you all "share" the same broadband. you don't have your own personal feed.
for example, every in your street is connected to the same cabinet, and that cabinet is then connected to a further distribution point, and so on.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can another address house share the same broadband?

Hi Dawsstuart, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry you're experiencing frequent internet drop outs.  I would like to take a closer look at this for you.  To enable me to do so, I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos