cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera - how to connect it to the Hub 3

Mole1977
Joining in

How do I connect camera to hub 3,needs 2.4 g but hub is 5g ???

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

2 REPLIES 2

Client62
Legend

The Hub 3 is offer both 2.4GHz and 5Ghz your camera should be able to see the Hub's SSID and connect.

For a Hub 3 we find these settings give a stable WiFi services that connects devices on both 2.4 & 5 Ghz bands.

Client62_0-1678622112364.png

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the good advice from Client62 fails, you could try to disable the 5Ghz band as a temporary measure.  Connect the camera to the 2.4Ghz band, and once done, reenable the 5Ghz band.

If all fails, you may need to split the SSID as below.   Be aware however, that VM updates can reverse this split and you may need to do this again.

• Access your Hub by navigating to 192.168.0.1
• Login with the default login info (on base of Hub) unless you've already updated it.
• Go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security
• Under Wireless Frequency 2.4GHz change the Wifi Network Name (SSID), suggest append _2 to the end.
• Repeat for the Wireless Frequency 5GHz, suggest append _5 to the end and click on Apply changes
• Try to avoid spaces and periods in the SSID names as they can cause issues with certain devices.
• Disable the Smart Optimisation on the wifi bands.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks