Menu
Nixzone
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cables cannot reach building

We have recently moved to a central apartment in Edinburgh and wanted to install virgin media. The first feedback from the engineers team was that our flat could not be connected to the junction box. However, several other flats in the same postcode are hooked up with vm. Do you know what the actual problem is? Is this something we could solve?

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cables cannot reach building

Hi

Are you moving services to this address? If so have you spoken to the move and transfer team?

Thanks

Christy 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Nixzone
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Christy,

thank you for your reply. We have been in touch with the customer support team. Initially they confirmed everything was on its way, and the engineer was scheduled for May 8th. After no one showed up, I called VM again and they said the visit was canceled (no cancellation email or message were sent) because the building could not be connected to the vm infrastructure. We would really need to get hooked up, and money is not an issue (within reasonable limits). Can you advise us on how to sort this out?

Cheers,

Niccolo

Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Nixzone 

I'll pop you a private message to take some details and we'll have a look into what's happened

Thanks

Christy 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos