Menu
Bikaboy30
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cable our street

Our street has not been cables due to some reason or another, probably due to money.

We live in Balsall Common CV77GE and it seems everywhere I walk in the area there are virgin media outlets in the street.

but not our street,

I've requested this many times but no call back no email nothing at all

there are more approx 700 houses being built in the area and we would like to see our street brought up to date with virgin media as an option before new homes get this service before people move in.

im shocked at virgins ignorance and zero response at lots of requests from our neighbours to cable our street but to no avail.

not a great show Virgin.

not returning customers requests for your services is not a great business practice.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable our street

There are several reasons why you might not have it.

1) Private Roads. Virgin only have agreements to install on adopted roads. Private roads can be a minefield as far as permissions go.

2) New build embargos. After most new housing is built there is usually an embargo in place for 5 to 10 years preventing any new infrastructure being put in. That is of course unless the builder has been in partnership with VM & has installed the infrasturcture as part of the build.

3) No Pavement. If the infrastructure has to be installed in the road rather than under a footpath alongside the costs increase 10 fold.

VM BB TV Landline. Vonage 2nd line. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Bikaboy30
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response it’s a much more detailed response than I’ve ever received from Virgin

Alas only one of those reasons apply and it still doesn’t address the lack of response from virgin directly and a reasonable answer as to why exactly they missed our street.

there is an assumption of cost being high being the reason but I would like to explore this with a representative from virgin media in full.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi as you have found virgins strong points are not contacting people, even virgins current customers find this an issue, unfortunately at the end of the day they will make a decision on the costs of installation and the ease therein. Regards Micky
0 Kudos