cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable con 4.9 Replacing the virgin media cable from the outside box to inside the house

Dafunkbass
Joining in

Hi

I recently accidentally drilled a hole and shaved the virgin media cable causing the internet to work intermittently. Thankfully it’s working ok now but if I don’t dare touch the cable for fear of taking the internet down.

I looked online for a replacement cable and it looks like there are replacements but which one should I get is the question.

The cable that has been damaged is the one that attaches to the main outside cable to inside to the switcher box. It’s a tiny cable that says cablecon 4.9 written on it. 

Does anyone know if virgin sell a replacement or know where I can get one?

thanks

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Dafunkbass 

I'm afraid you aren't allowed to replace/repair VM equipment and cabling. You will need to contact VM Faults and book a tech visit. 

Call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

VM will charge £25 as it's your fault.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection