Menu
MooCow
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Cable My Street

Can you please look into cabling my street again? 

A couple of years ago you put a letter through our door saying you were going to do it ... then ... NOTHING?

All I want is your superfast broadband and telly ... can you please help? 

0 Kudos
Retro-Tech
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cable My Street

Hi,

Have you managed to resolve this yet? If not I might be able to help - but require some details.

To PM me, just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please don't post any personal info in this thread as it's public.

Please hit the Kudos thumb to say thanks and mark answer as Helpful if the reply has helped at all

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

MooCow
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I was told a "spotter" would get in contact with me ... just wondering if this is likely to happen, or should I just sign up to BT again for another 18 months? (I've only been waiting 6 years to try and get this resolved ... I'm sure another 18 months won't make much of a difference lol) 

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Usually where this has happened a re-assessment of the infill build cost has proved to be too much for the revenue it could earn. VM will not consider infilling to individual houses, & even if every house was interested in joining VM have to recover the cost of their outlay in a resonable time.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

MooCow
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If that was the case I just wish they would tell us 😔

0 Kudos
cibbitson
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin have recently cabled the road I live on - anyone know how I find out when services will be made available?

TIA!

0 Kudos
VAB73
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

We live in a  cul de sac, street before this has Virgin cable and many households in our street want to get faster broad band.

The cable junction box is around 30-40 meter from 1st house in our street. How can we request cable to our neighbourhood  .

Our street postcode is BR4-9RA.

Thanks 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

from https://www.virginmedia.com/postcode-checker

How much coverage does Virgin Media have around the UK?
We currently reach just over 44% of homes in the UK and we’re expecting that to rise to almost 53%. We’re aiming to connect around 4 million extra homes and businesses. Pretty cool, right?

When will my area have access to Virgin Media services?
We’re always working on and updating our plans, and if you’ve registered for email updates we’ll be able to drop you a line to confirm when we’ll be coming to your area with our fibre broadband and cable tv products.

Is there anything I can do to get Virgin Media in my area sooner?
We’re afraid not, but even if you can’t get our services now, things are always changing. Sign up for our email updates and we’ll drop you a line if we know something’s coming your way.

and https://www.virginmedia.com/lightning/network-expansion

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos