Menu
Forestchick619
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Brown box issue why does my rooftop aerial run through it

I've recently been having problems with my rooftop aerial. I'm not a virgin media tv customer only virgin broadband and these issues only started when the wifi cables where installed. I have a rooftop aerial as stated before to use freeview that is built into my tv. Connection issues seem to be coming from the connection inside the brown box where the aerial cable is coming from into the property but because its a virgin media brown box i was told only virgin media can open it up and have look as the connection is there's but why then would a freeview aerial even be connected through that port? And could it be when wifi was installed was my aerial connection disturbed in some way and would this mean that virgin have to come out and take a look at it or would it be someone and can they access it with it being virgin media 'property' as such i'm so confused and have no idea where to go or what to do i just want my freeview tv back my areial to work as it did before wifi was installed in that point 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Brown box issue why does my rooftop aerial run through it

vm won't of used the aerial cable and VM wouldn't;t be able to fix it. what do you mean the cable goes into the brown box. can you get some photos. remove the cover and get some pictures
0 Kudos
Forestchick619
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Screenshot_20200629_205932_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

I couldn't get the box off it seems to be either tied or jammed but i've managed to get some photos and explained it the best way i can... I'm trying to upload them but its saying the file size exceeds the requested limit 

0 Kudos
Forestchick619
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Screenshot_20200629_205754_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

0 Kudos
Forestchick619
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Screenshot_20200629_214011.jpg

 inside of brown box... Looks like the cable running from the ground is connected together by this thing whatever it is which in turn runs through to the property and is entwined and connected to the rooftop aerial and the cabke running to the bedroom

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It seems to me that the VM cable loops down (the leftmost one). Where does it lead to?

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Forestchick619
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Its runs from the ground then there is this connector thing then a cabke running into the property

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I'm looking at the cable that comes out of the tube, is connected to another cable which runs downwards. Where does this cable lead to?

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Forestchick619
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The thick black cable with the silver connector? If so that is the wifi cable which goes to my bedroom

0 Kudos
Tudor
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

If so that is the wifi cable which goes to my bedroom” there is no such thing as a WiFi cable. I think you mean it’s the VM broadband cable. Which cable/s go to your TV aerial?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos