Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Broadband installation

Hi everyone,

I have a question about my broadband installation. I had it installed on the 15th of October by one technician but incorrectly, as my Building Manager checked it. It has to be installed in another, proper way. It is quite an urgent situation. What are my options in this situation? Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband installation

Hello

In what way is it not installed properly, as saying not installed properly by a 3rd party doesn't mean much.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The technician sent by the VM installed it in the wrong way, not as it is usually installed in my building.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

and what is the "wrong" way?
you need to give actual details.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello

The way the installs happen is down to the engineer, normally a box is placed on the outside of the premises and then a hole drilled through the wall, to place cable and boxes on the inside of the premises, this is the standard install, you will need to elaborate on what us deemed to be the right way.

If you wait around a member of the VM forum team will get to the post and have a look this may take a few days.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Community elder
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Is a "building manager" qualified to install virgin media equipment, i don't think so.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The technician left a mess in the riser cabinet where all of the cables are. It is quite an old building. The cable is going outside the wall, but it is supposed to be placed underneath a carpet. Is there a way to get VM to send a new technician to do this properly? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

they wouldn't lift carpets to fit cabling, that would be up to the owner to lift the carpet and replace the carpet after the engineer had run the cabling.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos