Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Broadband extender

Hi,

We need to move our desktop computer into a different room from where the hub is connected to the virgin box. Our desktop is is wired to our hub and we can’t drill through our really thick walls. We’ve already got a WiFi booster so I’m not able to order another one via the app. The app says to ring 150 and when I do I keep being told everyone is busy and to use the website. Well the website is crap and doesn’t have the information or answers I need.

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband extender

what specifically are you wanting?
are you wanting another booster (bad option IMO)?
you've already said you have really thick walls, so you really need powerline adaptors, which you can buy much better ones that what virgin would supply to you.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I’m not sure what we need but had thought another booster would probably do the job. 
Do you mean something like this?

TP-Link TL-PA8010PKIT V2 1-Port Gigabit Passthrough Powerline Starter Kit, Data Transfer Speed Up to 1300 Mbps, Ideal for HD Video Streaming and Online Gaming, No Configuration

We need something that can literally transfer our broadband through one plug socket and out of another.

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Vic4 wrote:

I’m not sure what we need but had thought another booster would probably do the job. 
Do you mean something like this?

TP-Link TL-PA8010PKIT V2 1-Port Gigabit Passthrough Powerline Starter Kit, Data Transfer Speed Up to 1300 Mbps, Ideal for HD Video Streaming and Online Gaming, No Configuration

We need something that can literally transfer our broadband through one plug socket and out of another.

What broadband package do you have? (100Mbps, 350Mbps, 500Mbps, 1Gbps?).

Powerline adapters in real world scenarios are never as good as the advertising suggests.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We’ve got the M200 broadband which, I think, gives us 200Mbps.

Another thing, would using a power line socket affect the virgin WiFi boosters we’re having to use?

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Vic4 wrote:

We’ve got the M200 broadband which, I think, gives us 200Mbps.

Another thing, would using a power line socket affect the virgin WiFi boosters we’re having to use?

Ah, the only one I forgot about!

Using powerline adapters should not affect the WiFi boosters.