Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Broadband blocked

Hi, and thanks to anyone who is reading and answering forum post during difficult times.

My broadband service went down at 12.24am, friday 27th march. I have been through all troubleshooting options available to me to attempt a fix with no success.

I can access my hub3 via my laptop, and it shows my 3 devices connected with no problems, but my internet connect is labelled "access denied". It almost seems like I've been cut off, as would happen if I hadn't paid the bill. The last bill, and all previous, is paid in full. In almost 8 years a customer this has never happened.

It never occurred to me to inform VM, but I am an HS patient. This is an autoimmune disease, and I'm currently taking strong biotics to manage the condition making me susceptible to infections. My mobile phone is limited, I have no call time left as was used trying to call through to have the issue resolved. I am now working with my last remaining data to try and get some help.

Please if anyone has any idea why my broadband has been blocked help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband blocked

Hi there,  forget the network on all of the devices. The try a pin reset for 60 seconds to and wait 5-10 minutes for the hub to reset. Then give it another go,  could be a software issue! 

stay safe 🙂 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have tried ALL troubleshooting options.

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

If you have tried it in the order which I posted fair enough. You are best trying to go through the online chat options to try get an engineer out. The call center which is normally used is shut so we are doing the best we can to help via here/web chat/ booked in phone calls

Thanks

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

You're a hero for even being online to answer.

I cant get through anywhere. This was my last attempt, suggested by one of the moderators on fb page.

I don't know what to do, about to lose all communication with those I love, as well as contact with my doctors practice to keep up with my medication.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Just tried pin reset again, same result. Power icon at bottom is solid green line, traffic icon is green flashing arrows, wifi icon is solid green.

Is there any way anyone can help me please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi,

If you would like to go through some troubleshooting with me I can try and diagnose your issue. A green light on the bottom of the hub may mean it has lost its 2 way communication with our network. Send me your account number and area reference number via private message and I will see what I can do.

Lee

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Ty Lee

PM is sent with details requested.

GL buddy, I cant even access the hub3 now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Just waiting for confirmation of the service call. I'll go over some pointers for the service call so you know what to expect.

You will get a pre call advising the tech is on his way, he will ask for more info. We are all terrified of Joe public at the minute so are all a little nervous. Just explain the situation and they will be fine. If he doesn't need to enter the property there will be no need to reschedule the appointment.

3 obvious things for the tech:-

1 Check signals up and down at omni box on front wall to prove it isn't an external cabling issue.

2 replace the internal cable. If you can remove the old one from the wall he can cut a new one to length and leave it on the doorstep for you to nip up removing the need to come in.

3 Same for the hub. Unscrew the old hub and pop it outside for him at the door. He can hit a new one and leave it for you at the door to screw onto the replacement cable. This way there is no need for him to enter the property at all.

This is exactly what I would do and will hopefully get you up and running again as quickly as possible.

Lee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Lee, very helpful