Menu
Maryolivia
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Booster

1. I have spent the morning trying to sort out the connect app, finally did the scan of the house, found out my office had dreadful signal surprise surprise , tried to order a booster and then was told  ‘sorry Something has gone wrong’.
  2. so tried phoning, still dreadful customer service, waited  half an hour for a reply from Wherever it is based now.
  3. nothing
  4. i have full Virgin package- phone, 2 mobiles, broadband, tv, crap signal  all day every day
    what’s to do??
0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Booster

If you're on the Big Couch Potato Package then you may be eligible for a free booster.  But they're very poor value if you have to rent them from VM, and even if free they don't always work terribly well.

My advice is to cut your losses, forget about crummy powerline boosters, go to Argos and buy this, or Currys and buy this.  Put the hub in modem mode, turn the hub off, connect your new mesh system, turn to the hub back on, configure the mesh system following the makers setup guide, and banish wireless problems forever.  I use a TP-Link Deco M4 myself, and at the time it seemed a risky and expensive gamble.  In hindsight it's been a fantastic buy, and I wish I'd bought it years ago.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Booster

Hi Maryolivia

Thanks for posting. I'll be happy to order you the wireless booster.

I'll PM you now so we can discuss this.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos