Menu
Donski72
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

BT Sport Intermittent audio drop

When watching previously recorded BT Sport - All channels. I am experiencing severe audio drop. It makes watching almost impossible.

I couldn't watch the after match analysis of the game last night as the audio dropped out more than it was on.

I have rebooted my box, checked the cables.

BT Sport channels are the only channels where this happens.

I see there have been many other reports of this problem for months, any ideas of reason &/or way to fix?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: BT Sport Intermittent audio drop

Hi Donski72,

Watching the European games live on BT Sport Ultimate I have noticed continuous sound drops for a fraction of a second or so.  The BT commentators have been apologising all week about the sound quality, and the feed being out of sync as they are relying on the signals from other broadcasters.   The sound issues will also show up on the recordings.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Donski72
Just joined
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

the sond drop out doesn't matter sp much when watching the game. It's worse when watching the analysis, in studio.

I've also noticed it quite bad during the boxing, the commentators as well as the boxing sounds drop off regularly, making it almost inpossible to watch....very frustrating.

0 Kudos
imp566
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have this problem especially with the Premiership Rugby coverage.  It happened before the Premiership had their enforced break, sound dropping intermittently, sometimes for a second or two, but in and out, which is extremely frustrating.  Today, watching a live game, it was lost for around 30-60 seconds at one point.  Anyone had an explanation or apology from Virgin to explain why this is such a recurring fault and what they are doing to rectify it?

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Donski72,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums!

I'm terribly sorry to see that you've been experiencing audio drop outs.

I've been able to look at the outages in your local area and have been advised the below. Sadly there doesn't appear to be an estimated fix time or date.

We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

BT Sport Ultimate: Audio Drops out when pausing or rewinding live TV on channel 531 and also on recordings.. We are sorry about this, our engineers are looking at fixing this as soon as possible.

0 Kudos