Menu
DaFunks
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Am I paying too much?

Hi, I have been with Virgin a very long time (With my family since 90s and it was Telewest) and I am very happy with the service overall... But I just see so many deals that offer way more than I have for far cheaper... with Virgin Media.

I took a screenshot (No personal info I believe is shown). I have no use for the phoneline but I have it as at the time it was the cheapest option to have it (For some reason) and I have 100M broadband which is what I use. I have never used the phoneline.

I saw today that the 516Mb package is the same price as I pay for the 100! This shocked me and now I really feel like I am being ripped off as I watch my game download at 12-13MB maxing my connection.

So am I paying too much? Can I do something to either lower my price or get a better speed?

Maybe this is the wrong place to ask, if so please let me know where is best.
ertewftwerfwe455.PNG

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Am I paying too much?

Hello

If you out of contract the best people to speak to would be the thinking of leaving team to see if you can re-negotiate a new contract,

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time getting back to you. You can also call in on 150 or 0345 454 1111 best times to call are first thing in the morning, use the option "Thinking of leaving", but again wait times my be long.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
DaFunks
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the message. I think I will, but I am unsure of when my contract is up or if it is.

Do you think I am overpaying? This is the deal I saw and it kinda blew my mind.

56try676iiktt.PNG

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello

It will show on you bill when any discounts are finished and that would normally mean that you are on a rolling 30 day contract, when did you take the services with Virginmedia.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

make sure you aren't looking at new customer details, you won't get them as you are not a new customer.
new customers get a heavily discounted "first year" price which then rises to the full price after the minimum period has expired.

£42 seems about right for M100 and telephone though.
it comparable to what you would pay for an openreach based ISP for internet + landline.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@DaFunks wrote:

Thanks for the message. I think I will, but I am unsure of when my contract is up or if it is.

Do you think I am overpaying? This is the deal I saw and it kinda blew my mind.

56try676iiktt.PNG

that's a new customer deal and note the "total first year cost", that price will rise after the first year.
it also clearly says "new customers only".

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Please don't forget the all offers on the Virginmedia website ir any of the comparison sites are only for new customers and not for existing customers.

Regards Mike

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

M100 internet without the phone line is £44

apcyberax_0-1607069684948.png

and with the phone line its £51

apcyberax_1-1607069751494.png

£42